LESSONS I LEARNED IN ONE YEAR OF BLOGGING

Now, Womania99 is going to be turned one! When I look back, I have to say that it has been a very amazing journey so far and at the same time very educative too.  I didn’t start my blog to be rich quickly or become famous on social media even I was very clumsy in using social media (I am still learning to use it properly). I didn’t know a single thing about blogging and I lacked even the most basic knowledge about writing articles. During the lockdown, I was simply searching on the internet when I found out about blogging. I decided I didn’t want my life to be an endless loop of days on repeat. Instead, I wanted to dream, explore and grow. And through sheer happenstance, I stumbled upon blogging as the answer. My first year of blogging has been busy, confusing, and full of new experiences. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of the journey this past year.


To celebrate my 1-year blogiversary, I thought it would be fun to share the biggest 10 lessons I learned in my first year of blogging. Here are some lessons I have learned in the first year of blogging.

Time Is Precious

Although I have always been a time-conscious girl, blogging has taught me to use time properly. I remember the days before blogging when I used to be very bored. Once you start blogging, there never seems to be enough time in the day.  Blogging is a time-consuming job. Researching topics, writing posts, editing your content and photos, creating graphics, managing social media and all this you have to do with your daily work, can be completely overwhelming.

Related: How to Manage Your Time Effectively

But the scarcity of time has brought clarity to my life. Now, I am extremely selective with who and what I give my free time to. And I have learnt that if you say “no” to one thing, you are simply saying “yes” to something else. Because of my time management skills, I have increased my productivity.

Dreams need Hard Work And Hard Work Is Always Appreciated

If you want to be successful at anything in your life, you need to do more to simply wish for it. You need to hard work on your dreams to make them a reality and I have learned from blogging that sooner or later your hard work is paid off. Even my first blog, when I didn’t have any idea about the SEO or content length, was highly appreciated and it was ranked first in Google search engine.

Blogging made me learn instead of talking about my dreams, work on them.

Keep Learning

Every day I continue to learn so much and I feel as though I still have more to learn. I have learned a lot in the past year from writing to creating photos on Canva for your posts. I never thought that I would do much with my writing in my life until I realized I had spent a full year posting my writing on my blog. At the beginning of my blogging journey, I was a nerd who did not know even how to post pictures on blogs properly but now I create pictures on Canva all by myself.

Self-Confidence

I get the feeling of accomplishment when I look back at all of the work I have done. Low self-esteem often causes people to feel inadequate. I beat that feeling by remembering how much work I have put into my beautiful website. It’s amazing to look back and see how much blogging has been done. There is no wrong way to blog, so no matter what happens in my life I can rest assured that I am at least doing something right by blogging.

Importance of Gratitude


I learned to value every person who spends their time reading my blog or commenting on it. They are my fuel and inspiration to keep on doing this. I always like to express my sincere gratitude for reading, commenting and participating either here, on Facebook or even on Pinterest and Instagram.

Step Out Of Comfort Zone

Blogging is not a piece of cake. It’s time-consuming. Everyone out there makes it seem so easy but it’s not. There is so much competition out there and if you want to better from them you have to perform outstandingly and for that, you need to leave your comfort zone. And this applies in every field.  If you want to achieve something you have to step out of your comfort zone to expand it.

Related: Leave your comfort zone if you want live a comfortable life

                How to expand your comfort zone

To Not Give Up! Ever

Blogging has made me learn that nothing comes quick and easy. And if it does, it can go as quickly as it came. If I want something, I have to work for it. It takes a lot of time and commitment.  Work hard and never give up on your dreams. It’s important not to forget where you started, and appreciate how very far you have come. Like anything else in life, blogging is a process and requires patience.

Positive Attitude


A positive attitude is very important in our life. This can be inferred from the fact that motivational posters are very popular. When it comes to blogging or any other venture, positivity is a life raft that will save you when you are drowning in a sea of overwhelming. It’s so important to focus on the positive and realize that nothing worth doing is ever easy. If it were, everyone would be doing it. 

Focus On Improvement

Blogging allowed me to explore, expand and experiment in my life. Blogging helps me in becoming a better thinker because it gives me much time to organize and evaluate my thoughts. Blogging requires time, discipline and devotion and it also enables me to develop a series of various superb skills. It provides me with the sense of personal growth and satisfaction to build something from the scratch. It keeps my mind more active towards my daily life routine work. Blogging is not only the path of self-expression but also a track of self-fulfilment of starting a new journey of life. the greatest lesson of blogging is to live a life on purpose and to wake up every day with intent and determination to pursue your dreams.

Learn to Balance


When I discovered blogging to utilize my free time, and everything that came along with it (writing, graphic design, editing, marketing, search new topics etc) I was hooked.  Sleep and free time be damned! It became a problem. At times I need to neglect everyday responsibilities and forgot about things I once loved. While it is important to follow your passion and commitment when chasing your dreams, it is equally important to not forget about the people and things that help you get there. Give yourself a set amount of time to work and then walk away. Go for a walk, meet your friends, enjoy an old hobby, just do something else! In short, I learned from blogging to balance my life without overwhelming. 

So here are some pearls of wisdom I have picked up during my blogging journey. Comment below, I would love to hear what you have learned from it.

 You may also like:

How To Make This Year More Productive

 ROUTINE FOR SUCCESS

 

 

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Very well written 👍🏻👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate hearing that from you.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and many more to come.Your thoughts are very near to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- that was really sweet to say.

      Delete
  3. I Know one day you will become a popular blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you saying that- that was so sweet of you.

      Delete