10 Lessons I Learned From My Mother

Someone has said very well that 'mother can take everyone's place but no one can take mother's place'. We all love our mothers very much and we don't need a day to celebrate it. For those who live with their mother, every day is equal to Mother's Day. A mother has been given the status of God. There is something special in this relationship that you or I cannot deny. Although children learn something from everyone around them, there are some things that they get to learn only from their mother. A mother is everything to the child, and many people believe that the mother is our first teacher. This thing is true, we all learn to walk, speak, and sit from the mother. So today I am going to tell you such things which I have learned from my mother.

(Click here The toughest and most loveable job: MOTHERHOOD to read about the motherhood.) 

Support the one you love


No matter how many ups and downs come in life, whether it’s good times or bad, my mother always supports the people who love her. I know it was difficult at times to support my choice, but she has always been there for me. Whenever I am disappointed, my mother knows the right words to ask me to take me back. My mom is always there to remind me that God has a big plan for me.

Make Friends Carefully

People show you who they are. Be clear about what qualities you value in others and keep firm boundaries with your closest confidants. Don't be too revealing to people you don't have in your inner circle and keep it positive and nurturing relationships. Recognize people who don't hold your values. If someone shares gossip with you, consider that they may be gossiping about you as well. Be the one to attract good friends.

Don’t take everything to heart

My mother taught me that everything is not to be taken to heart and that many times, many people say many things, but sometimes they may not say it intentionally but because of some frustration. You can lead a happy life by not taking things to heart. You should worry about what you think of yourself, and how the people you know love and care about you, and that's all.

Never give up

One of the greatest things about my mom is her decision making. If she wants to achieve something, she sticks to it – no matter what. I have applied the same thing in my life and have decided to fulfil my dream. She taught us to find out what we enjoy doing and do it passionately! Doing something that you love and enjoy doing will fulfil you completely. When you get tired of it, find the next thing you love to do and keep doing it until it sets you on fire from inside. If you dream for the stars and get it to feel lucky, if you fall, get up and try again.

Learn to accept what you can't change

Sometimes things are not under your control, due to which a person breaks down or shatters, but I have learned from my mother that if there is a situation that you cannot change, then accept it and learn to live with it. Now and then, life gives us an unfortunate hand of cards. It is up to us to decide how we are going to react.

Believe in yourself

Mother prepares children for the outside world. She teaches us that we will find all kinds of people in the world. Some will help you and some will create problems for you. In such a situation, you have to believe in yourself and not forget your dreams. She teaches us to believe in ourselves to get to our destination.

Be self-reliant

No matter how much a partner or friend can help, it is very important to be self-reliant to live on your own. There must be a situation in life when you do not get any help from anywhere. This is where self-reliance comes in handy. It is the mother who teaches her child to be self-reliant from a young age. She taught us that being self-reliant allows you to survive the harshest of winters and the most brutal of summers.

Live in today


It is useless to worry about the past and the future. Whatever is today and it is right to live in today only. Whatever opportunities are in your hands today, work on them because they will give you a good future. By thinking about the future, we fill our today with difficulties, which is wrong. My mother taught me to live in the present.

Remember to live in the moment and enjoy life's smallest and greatest blessings. Small blessings turn into big ones. You have to laugh at the absurdity of life. After every challenge, hurdle, or hindrance you will look back and see how ridiculous life is on you and you gain a vision to be better than before. Trust it and embrace it.

Rest so you can wake up early

I never feel as alive as when I wake up early in the morning. She often quoted Twain and Emerson. One of my favourites is a quote from Emerson. “In the morning man walks with his whole body, in the evening, with only his feet."

Good and bad touch

No one can explain to girls the dirty eyes of the world better than a mother. Nowadays incidents of exploitation of girls have increased a lot, so it is very important to tell them about good and bad touches. A mother can lovingly teach this important lesson to her daughter as my mother did.

It's hard to put into words how much your mother means to you; after all, she gave you life. Life does not with a manual, it comes with a mother. I love this phrase and this is so true. They are always there for us, cheer us on, and push us to reach our full potential. The love of a mother is unconditional.

I am extremely fortunate to call my mother a role model, a friend and a supporter. These are some of the things that make my mom a wonderful person in my life. What you have learned from your mother, tell us in the comments section.

Happy Mother's Day!


You may read here There is no paradise lies under the feet of daughter's parents about the harsh reality of our society. 

Like mother, father also plays a significant role in a child's life. Click here SIGNIFICANCE OF A FATHER ( FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL ) to read about the significance of father.

Post a Comment

8 Comments